If you never had a cup of Marijuana infused tea, your in for a treat. A nice warm cup off CannaTea is a great way to start your weekend or enjoy the end of a work day. Its really simple to make and tastes great.
You can use this recipe to make tea out of bud, shake, kief and even stems.
Remember tea made out cannabis of stems wont be as potent. So, if your want to get a nice high from the tea, use nice buds!
The Perfect Recipe for Potent Tea
Here are two easy to follow recipes that you can do in 20 minutes or less. The first is for a one cup personal tea, the other is great for taking with you on trips! We are going to use the process of “decarboxylation” to activate the THC and make a potent cup. In other words, This canna-tea will get you high!
We introduced decarboxylation here with our How to Make CannaButter guide. In case you missed it, lets get into the basics and why you must Decarb marijuana first.
The THC cannabinoid in raw marijuana is not active. Thats why you cant just eat raw weed and expect to get high. Once marijuana is heated to 200°F, THC is turned into THCa the active cannabinoid.
THC Decarb Temps: 200°F to 400°F max, anything above will burn off terpenes
You wont need to worry to much about temps. We will be using water to make sure the right temperature is reached without the risk of overheating. Now that we know that lets get back to our recipe.
One Cup of Potent Marijuana Tea
Time to kick back and spend some time alone. This is a step by step guide to making just one serving of tea.
Follow this recipe and get ready to relax.
What you need:
- Finely ground dry herb .5 grams (weed)
- Boiling water
- Strainer ( coffee filter or cheese cloth)
- Tea bags
- Milk or cream
- Open a tea bag and add weed, reseal, place in mug.
- Add 2 teaspoons of butter to mug
- Add Cream or milk
- Pour in Boiling water
- Cover tightly, stir occasionally for 12 minutes or more
Alternate recipes for making Canna Tea
I enjoy going hiking with friends on week ends. So when I make tea, I usually make enough for two or more. Making enough tea is simple and a good thermos comes in handy.
- Boil enough water to almost fill the thermos
- Once boiling, bring temperature down to simmer
- Add 4 spoons of butter, tea bags and the desired amount of weed (.5gm per serving)
- Allow to simmer for 20 to 30 min
- Strain the herb out, keep the liquid
- Pour into thermos, add milk or cream to taste
- Shake and enjoy with friends
Simple right? Also if your in a rush you can cut the boil times. If you don’t mind the herb, don’t strain it. A good thermos will maintain temps, so the cannabis will continue to decarb in it!